- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 1 1/4 cups dried tart cherries, chopped
- 2/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
Blend flour, salt, and baking powder in processor. Using on/off turns, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 4 tablespoons ice water. Process just until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Form dough into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill until dough is firm enough to roll out, about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Boil cherries and Port in heavy small saucepan until Port is absorbed, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, and melted butter in large bowl until foamy. Beat in vanilla. Stir in walnuts and Port-infused cherries.
Roll out dough on floured work surface to 11-inch round; transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Fold overhang under; crimp edges. Pour filling into crust.
Bake pie until crust is golden and filling is brown and just set in center, about 50 minutes. Cool pie completely in dish on rack. Serve with whipped cream.